Module 5 - Equilibrium and Acid Reactions
Module 5: Equilibrium and Acid Reactions is the first module of the new NSW HSC Chemistry curriculum.
In this module, students explore the nature of reversible reactions while building upon their knowledge from Year 11 Chemistry. This includes ideas such as enthalpy, entropy, Gibbs free energy as well as various types of chemical reactions.
Static and Dynamic Equilibrium
- Section 1 (M5-S1): Introduction to Equilibria
- Section 2 (M5-S2): Non-equilibrium Systems
- Section 3 (M5-S3): Collision Theory in Equilibria
Factors That Affect Equilibrium
- Section 4 (M5-S4): Le Chatelier's Principle
- Section 5 (M5-S5): Practical Investigations of Le Chatelier's Principle
Calculating Equilibrium Constant
- Section 6 (M5-S6): Calculating Equilibrium Constant (ICE Tables)
Dissociation of Acids and Bases